Wednesday 9 July 2014

Garnier Ultimate Blends 'Silky Smoother'

At last... an affordable shampoo and conditioner that I don't have to special order from the darkest corners of the internet...

Garnier recently launched a new series of specially formulated shampoos and conditioners that are the baby of seven long years in the lab.

I had been buying the Dumb Blonde Shampoo and Re-constructor by Tigi, which was really costing me a fortune and the re-constructor did not come in the same ML as the shampoo, meaning I had to spend even more.

I took the Ultimate Blends Diagnostic Quiz and was prescribed the Silky Smoother. My god... does it work? Yes it does. One very pleased citizen of planet help-my-hair and at last a fine excuse to change shampoos. Note I say change shampoo, though. The downside to the matching set it that the conditioner is a bit of a boner... it's very watery and I find it doesn't really condition as well as my beloved Tigi. It's a real shame, and confusing to me. If you have every used Garnier Olia hair dye you may have used the tube of conditioner - this consistency is lovely and I only wish the Ultimate Blends (Silky Smoother) conditioner was more like it. Note well, Garnier!

My hair used to be terribly dry and brittle and every time I brushed it, it would shear off into tiny pieces and get shorter and shorter. After several years of trying every so-called damage repair shampoo known to womankind, trying a different one every other month, I finally stumbled across the Aussie 3-Minute Miracle products, which helped a little bit although the smell seemed to upset me a little and make my eyes sore.

A couple of months later I discovered the Tigi products, and hadn't stopped using them since.

Now, 3 or 4 years later I've cheated on Tigi.

I am not ashamed.The relationship was bound to end sooner or later, when a more exciting, more affordable product came on the market. I had heard of papaya extract before, and it being good for silky hair.The Silky Smoother range contains Madagascan Vanilla Milk and Brazilian ‘Fruit of the Angels’ Papaya extracts according to the Garnier website.
Ultimate Blends 'Silky Smoother' Range


My hair genuinely felt really soft and silky (so, exactly as it said on the tin) after the first couple of washes. My husband said it looked shinier than usual. I asked him to have a feel (of my hair, of course) and he said it definitely felt soft, like strands of fine silk. Maybe that sounds too good to be true, but I can honestly tell you that's what he said!

Garnier has really shone down on the vast population with the creation and launch of Ultimate Blends and I won't stop using this shampoo now! Well done Garnier, another perfect product for a reasonable price that many more people can afford out of the salon.

Use the Diagnostic Quiz to find out your Ultimate Blend.

Look after your hair with regular trips to a quality hair dresser to maintain the health and quality of your hair. Most salons recommend visiting between 6-10 weeks for trims. I visit every 8 weeks to prevent expansion of split ends, which may cause your hair to appear dull or dry.

*This product was purchased by myself and was not provided gratis by the brand*

No comments:

Post a Comment